Progressive Foam siding insulation qualifies under the 2016 Energy Star Tax Credit Program for a tax credit of 10% of the cost, up to $500. The tax credit applies to improvements made through December 31, 2016, and does not include installation costs; however, you can install the insulation yourself and get the credit.
Qualified PFT products, in both original and premium series, include:
- FullbackV Siding Insulation for Vinyl Siding (drop-in, field-applied)
- FullbackFC Siding Insulation for Fiber Cement
- Linebacker Siding Insulation for Engineered Wood
- HalfbackH20 Universal Siding Insulation
- Halfback Universal Siding Insulation
- ProBoard Insulating Sheathing
- ProFold Fan-Folded Underlayment
- Insulated accessories, including corner posts, insulating shims, etc.
Insulated Vinyl Siding products consisting of insulation permanently adhered to vinyl siding do not currently qualify for the tax credit.
For more information, visit https://www.energystar.gov/about/federal_tax_credits/insulation.