A new remodeling project is a big investment in your home, and it’s important to choose the right contractor for the job. The quality of service provided by your contractor is just as important as the quality of the products you select for your home. The right contractor can provide an enjoyable experience, while a bad one can turn your dream project into a nightmare.
The keys to choosing the right contractor for your home improvement project are to do your research and know what questions to ask. An educated buyer is a confident buyer, and we all want to have confidence in our decisions when making home improvement projects that will last for many years. Below are our suggested steps for selecting the right contractor for your next?job.
- Get referrals from someone you know
- Attend home shows
- Visit manufacturer websites
- Check reviews and references
- Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Are they well established with a physical presence?
- What are their business credentials?
- Are they fully licensed?
- Do they carry liability insurance?
- Do they carry workman’s compensation insurance?
- Request written statements
- Make sure your contractor obtains all necessary permits
- Sign a final, written contract
- Are their products and installers certified?
- Are they knowledgeable about all the options available today?
If you are looking for a siding contractor, we would be happy to help make your search a little easier. Our network of top-notch contractors only install certified vinyl siding and insulation and are equipped with the best siding warranty in the marketplace today. Click here to request a quote from one of our qualified contractors, or call our customer service team at 800-80-3626.