We invented insulated vinyl siding at PFT over 20 years ago, and have partnered with all the major vinyl siding manufacturers to create many variations of insulated vinyl siding. With so many brands of insulated vinyl siding available on the market these days, it can be difficult to determine which products are best for your project. We are frequently asked which options are the best, and what the differences are between them. To help make the decision process easier, we’ve listed the top insulated vinyl siding brands below.
Insulated vinyl siding is traditional vinyl siding with a contoured foam insulation permanently adhered to the back. This provides benefits such as energy savings, a more durable home exterior, a quieter and more comfortable interior, and more. For more information check out What Is Insulated Vinyl Siding: Materials, Pros, Cons, and Installation>
Most Popular Insulated Vinyl Siding Brands on the Market Today: (In alphabetical order)
Craneboard Solid Core Siding
Manufacturer: Exterior Portfolio
Profiles: Double 6, Double 7, Board & Batten
What We Like:
The insulation in CraneBoard is manufactured differently than the contoured insulation paired with most other vinyl siding products; it is shape molded, which allows the foam to feature built-in drainage grooves and improved strength. Craneboard is also made with Neopor insulation, which provides more r-value than comparable insulation made of standard white EPS. (More info on Neopor here>). Finally, the Exclusive TXL Lamination Technology provides greater surface adhesion between the foam and the siding. More info>
CedarBoards Insulated Siding
Profiles: Double 4”, Double 6”, Single 7”, Double 4.5” Dutch, 12” Board and Batten
What We Like:
CedarBoards Single 7 and Double 6 profiles are available in longer lengths of 16’8”. This creates fewer seams when installed on the wall for a more premium look. Panels are made from .044” thick vinyl and feature a TrueTexture rough cedar finish, which is molded from real cedar boards. A ¾” panel projection helps create a more dramatic shadow line and a like-real-wood appearance. More info>
CedarMax Insulated Siding
Profiles: Single 7, Double 6”, Triple 4”, 8” Board & Batten
What We Like:
Cedarmax features a high wind load test of up to 227 miles per hour to help stand up to Mother Nature’s toughest conditions. Longer 16’-2.5” panels lengths are standard across the product line, and they offer up to 30 colors depending on profile. More info>
Haven Insulated Siding
Manufacturer: Royal Building Products
Profiles: Double 6”, Double 7”, Double 4.5” Dutch
What We Like:
Traditional, Premium, and Dark color options allow you to customize the look of your home with striking color palettes. The dedicated Designer Trim package was accurately proportioned by professional designers to accent the traditional clapboard appearance. More info>
Prodigy Insulated Siding
Profiles: Double 6”, Double 7”, Double 5” Dutch
What We Like:
Prodigy Insulated Siding features 1-½” contoured insulation, the thickest on the market today to provide one of the highest energy savings ratings. Unlike other insulated vinyl siding, it is made with a stack lock design, which insures a perfect installation and seals the panel together to help lock out air and moisture. Extended length 16’8” panels for fewer seams on the wall are standard. More info>
Structure Home Insulation System
Manufacturer: Mastic by Plygem
Profiles: Double 4”, Double 6”, Single 7”, Double 4.5 Dutch
What We Like:
Structure Home Insulation System comes in 16’ longer lengths for fewer seams and features a ¾” butt height for a more realistic shadow line. The patented T3-LOK tightens the lock under pressure, so siding stays put even in challenging weather. Structure is also made with a minimum of 50% recycled content. More info>
There are many other brands of insulated vinyl siding available on the market today, although they might not be as well known. Follow the links below to learn more about these brands, which offer their own unique features and benefits.
American Essence – Manufactured by Napco
Climaforce – Manufactured by Variform
ComfortClad – Manufactured by RMC StyleCrest
InsulPlank II – Manufactured by Mitten
Polar Wall Plus – Manufactured by Norandex
Sovereign Select – Manufactured by Revere
Sequoia Select – Manufactured by Gentek
Timbercrest – Manufactured by Kaycan
What Do Insulated Vinyl Siding Brands Have In Common?
All brands of insulated vinyl siding have a few things in common. First, they are each made of three primary components:
A virtually maintenance-free home exterior product, available in thousands of configurations with varying profiles, shapes, and colors. Vinyl siding is the most popular siding choice on the market today, making up 39% of all siding sales in 2013.
- Foam InsulationRigid insulation is custom manufactured to fit the exact shape of the siding it is paired with. This helps improve the impact resistance of the siding, providing more stability over time while also insulating the home. As the inventors of insulated vinyl siding, we manufacture the insulation for all the major vinyl manufacturers, and connect our two products using the third component:
- High-Strength AdhesiveThis product helps form a permanent bond between the vinyl siding and the foam. Extensive laboratory testing and real-life installations on over half a million houses during the past 20 years have proven the strength of this permanent bond.
How to Decide Which Brand of Insulated Vinyl Siding is Right For You?
Every home is different, and the features and benefits of the insulated vinyl siding required for your project can vary drastically. A few things that can impact which brand is best for you are:
- Location – Some brands are only available in certain areas of the United States or Canada.
- Your Design Preferences – Certain profiles, colors, and styles of insulated vinyl siding are only available in certain areas of the country, or are only produced by certain manufacturers.
- Features & Benefits – Depending on which benefits are most important to your project, you may be guided to different brands of insulated vinyl siding. Some feature higher r-values for more energy savings, some feature built-in moisture management systems to protect from mold and mildew damage, and much more. Determine which features are most important to help narrow your selection.
- Price – As with any product, the design, features, and benefits selected can significantly change the price of the siding. Premium colors, profiles, accessories, and installation methods can all impact the price. For more information check out the Insulated Vinyl Siding Price Guide>
When shopping for insulated vinyl siding, it’s a good idea to visit the manufacturer’s websites and consult with a trade professional who can make a recommendation based on your specific needs. Once you know which brand of insulated vinyl siding is the best fit for your needs, you will want to select a contractor that carries that particular product line. Check out our guide for selecting a contractor for the job >